The Texas Senate, led by Lt. Governor Dan Patrick, has proposed yet another stupid idea that combines everything that wrong with both Texas school funding and accountability.
Base campus funding on performance on the state accountability test (STAAR).
This is the same accountability test that has a significant positive performance correlation to the wealth of the students taking the test.
Simply put, this means that the more affluent the students the campus serves, the more funding the campus would receive.
This would only make sense in a World where politicians advocate and legislate to take money from public schools to fund private schools and where wealthy parents bribe people to get their children into elite colleges that they don’t qualify for.
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Summer Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; NASSP Summer Conference; Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- A Reader Asks… Written “Constructive” Feedback From An Observation November 14, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Lesson Frames in a Multi-level / Multi-content Classroom November 13, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – Five Fest 2019 Edition October 30, 2019
- Just 4 Days Away – The Fundamental 5 National Summit October 23, 2019