If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- Education is not a cost but an investment in the future of our state and nation. (By @pastors4OKkids)
- The great moral question of our day: will we invest in walls of fear? Or schools of hope? (By @pastors4txkids)
- “Kids get better at writing by…writing.” —Mary Ehrenworth (By @TiffanyNeal81)
- The path to greater student success requires more teaching, more exposure to content and more time on task. (By @LYSNation)
- Imagine how the students would perform if teachers replaced 21 days of unnecessary test review, testing and test rehashing in the Spring Semester with just average, no frills instruction. (By @LYSNation)
- School Choice is part of the Great White Lie. The rich have a choice of private or public schools. But, the poor do not because education costs money. (By @Smartwoman2019)
- The MOST powerful retention strategy is closing the lesson correctly. The HIGHEST yield instructional strategy is critical writing. (By @traci_tousant)
- Working in the Power Zone is the pre-requisite for almost all other best instructional practices. (By @LYSNation)
- The education research points out that the more time a teacher spends in the Power Zone, student on-task behavior increases, student retention increases, and student discipline issues decrease. (By @LYSNation)
- Vouchers. The old and tired idea is coming back to the Oklahoma Legislature. Can we try something new and different? Like funding innovation in public schools? (By @pastors4OKkids)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: ASCD Empower19 Conference; TASSP Summer Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; NASSP Summer Conference; Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.