If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- Hey, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick! Why won’t you debate your challenger, Mike Collier? Is it because you’ve increased our property taxes, attacked public school teachers, fought to take away healthcare, and wasted taxpayer dollars demanding special sessions about bathrooms and not our schools! (By @larrydowell)
- “A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.” -Admiral W.H. McRaven (By @LYSNation)
- There is no reason — other than sheer human greed — that public education should be a divisive “wedge” issue. Any effort to privatize the democratic public trust of universal education is driven only by motivation to make money off our children. It is wrong and must stop now. (By @pastors4txkids)
- While educators and children across the nation return to school… We, The People, MUST intensify our efforts for fair funding, and for the protection of every child’s right to a free and appropriate public education opportunity. (By @DeborahCano1)
- Any politician who carries on about “historic levels of school funding” always conveniently fails to acknowledge: A) Historic levels of school costs. B) Historic levels of school enrollment. C) And, historic levels of legislative neglect and hostility. (By @pastors4txkids)
- “The school grading system in Texas needs to be recognized for the snake oil it is. Don’t buy into its false promises of being clear and meaningful or offering a true path to improvement.” (By @pastors4txkids)
- The only thing that “Winging It” ensures is sub-optimal instruction. (By @LYSNation)
- I am a big fan of service learning as a replacement consequence. The student gets to reflect, put in some sweat equity, and most importantly feel a sense of pride for a visible, concrete task completed. (By @LYSNation)
- Success isn’t all about talent. It’s about being dependable, consistent, coachable, and knowing what you need to do to improve. –Bill Belichick (By @CoachMotto)
- Over time… What is best for students is bad politics. (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: LYS / TASSP Leadership Academy (Keynote); AMLE National Conference; AIE Conference; ASCD Empower19 Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.