If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- In you are born to affluence, your safety net is wide, multi-tiered and proactive. If you are born to poverty, your safety net is the quality of your education. (By @LYSNation)
- Our hearts are united in prayer this Sabbath day for the children separated from their parents at the border. And for the workers now tasked with reuniting them with their families. Lord, send your mercy upon them. And upon us. (By @pastors4txkids)
- The responsibility of protecting Texas public schools, including paying the bill, falls directly on the shoulders of Texas elected officials. (By @LYSNation)
- A lot of teams give up along the way. They get discouraged, they get down, negativity sets in… The great teams stay positive through the challenges, through the adversity and they do not let the situation define them. (By @JonGordon11)
- What we are doing to the immigrant children is beneath the standards and ethics as Americans. We are better than this. The trauma inflicted on these children is undeniable and as parents and grandparents we should all be sickened and angry by the cruelty of this atrocity. (By @CowboySupt)
- Having issues with classroom management and/or engagement? Reflect on The Fundamental 5 (Cain & Laird). (By @MatherneELA)
- FAIL FOWARD FASTER. Knowing what’s NOT working is just as valuable as knowing what IS working! (By @traci_tousant)
- Teachers open the door. Guide, push and pull students thru the door. Block the exits. And then do it all over again the next day. (By @LYSNation)
- Don’t begin with complaints. Complaining doesn’t impress senior leaders. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- If your off-season isn’t harder than your in-season, you’re cheating your teammates, your coaches, and most importantly, yourself! (By @CoachHinesCHS)
Think. Work. Achieve.
Upcoming Conference Presentations: LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote); AMLE National Conference; ASCD Empower19 Conference
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.