If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- The fact of the matter is we can’t trust Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick to do right by Texans and to tell the truth. That is why we must “Can Dan”in November. (By @CollierForTexas)
- College students who take remedial courses have a much higher chance of completing college than a person who does NOT enroll in college. (By @LYSNation)
- The record number of students who have to take remedial courses isn’t an indictment of public education. It is cause for celebration. This means that more students who previously would not have gone to college… Are now going to college. (By @LYSNation)
- A COMMON scope and sequence IS a living, breathing document. But think magnolia tree, not fruit fly. (By @LYSNation)
- There is no love without works of charity. Service towards our brothers and sisters springs from the heart that loves. (By @Pontifex)
- Free exercise of religion without governmental advancement and intrusion is an essential, “inalienable” human right and constitutional civil liberty. The U.S. Government has no role to play in religious schools except to stay out of them. (By @pastros4txkids)
- Moving, even in the wrong direction, is more powerful than standing still. When you’re on the move you’re learning and/or making progress. When you’re standing still you’re just getting older. (By @TomBilyeu)
- When you start thinking your generation is smarter than today’s kids, take a released 8th grade STAAR math test. (By @johnkuhntx)
- Show up to work ready to work… everyday. It’s that simple. (By @TobyTucker)
- Manage your own career or someone else will. (By @Leadershipfreak)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: LYS / ESC 4 Principals Symposium (Keynote); TASSP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); TEPSA Summer Conference; LYS / ESC 3 Fundamental 5 Leadership Symposium; VASSP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); NAESP National Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Principals Conference; LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.