If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- It should not have to be said— but our present situation demands saying it in the clearest and most categorical terms — that racism has no place in a just and moral society. (By @pastors4txkids)
- If you think our public education system isn’t under attack, you’re not paying attention. (By @mishshel)
- Every time bullying politicians say, “God has been taken out of our schools,” we will call out this blatant lie. It bears false witness against teachers—our fellow believers—who incarnate God’s love all day, every day. It is a Devil’s lie. Unchristian, unkind, un-American, untrue. (By @pastors4txkids)
- Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick’s agenda, actions and policies have expanded access to and the increased the proliferation of firearms, contributing to a culture of fear and violence, in a state where access to firearms has never been an actual issue. (By @LYSNation)
- For those of you entering the teaching profession, sound financial planning is critical. With our current crop of politicians and their anti-taxes, anti-public education crusades, who can say if education benefits and retirement packages are safe. (By @LYSNation)
- We completed another year of the Fundamental 5. We wrote critically every day for 180 days. Last year’s standardized test results were good, so I re-upped. (By @mrhartgis)
- When a child can describe what they are supposed to be learning, they are three times more likely to actually learn it. Learning intentions must be clear to the teacher AND the student. (By @DavidGeurin)
- Frame every lesson! (By @lchew_Wilbern)
- We implore people to quit bearing false witness against our public schools. They are no more perfect than our churches, but they are centers of unconditional love and acceptance for all our children— and especially our poorest children. They deserve our unified support. (By @pastors4txkids)
- It is not pleasant confronting our elected leaders so directly. But this willful, cynical scapegoating of teachers & schools has to stop. It is an egregious wrong from the highest offices in our land. Teachers must be respected by politicians instead of demeaned. (By @pastors4txkids)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: VASSP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); NAESP National Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Principals Conference; LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote); AMLE National Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.