If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- Education for all children is a: Moral Mandate; Scriptural Supposition; Constitutional Conviction; Public Provision; Fiscal Foundation; Patriotic Principle; Divine Directive. (By @pastors4txkids)
- Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement. (By @CoachKWisdom)
- “Because of gerrymandering, 90% of our Texas state legislators are determined in the primary. That is why it is essential to vote in the upcoming primary elections.” -Carolyn Boyle (By @pastors4txkids)
- All brains seek the same thing: engagement, challenge, reflection, and feedback. (By @TinneyTroy)
- Excited and proud to announce that I will present three times at the 2018 NAESP National Conference! See you in Orlando this July 9-11!!! (By @LYSNation)
- Shame on Texas Governor Greg Abbott for implying that school districts are to blame for neglecting Special Education students. T.E.A. set a limit on the financial help a district could receive based on a percentage cap. Governor, look at your own administration for the neglect. (By @SDonR34)
- Charter school proponents argue that they provide a way out for students stuck in low-performing public schools. But there is one unexpected outcome: they are among the most segregated schools. (By @tasbnews)
- Clarke Cowboy teachers refining their skills in Critical Writing. Writing is better than No writing any day of the week. Writing increases student retention and helps make connections. (By @Wclarke_MS)
- “A healthy school culture has been linked to a decrease in absenteeism and improvements in teacher commitment, motivation to learn, student identity development and other education values. A big aspect of creating such a culture is recognizing the positive behaviors.” (By @Erik_Youngman)
- “We must remember that intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character–that is the goal of true education.” (By @pastors4txkids)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principal Workshop (Keynote); NAESP National Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Principals Conference; LYS/TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on facebook.