If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of May 21, 2017 when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. It’s pure stupidity to think that the best way to get quality teachers in classrooms is to reduce credential standards and cut pay and benefits. (By @LYSNation)
2. A message for politicians: If you really want quality teachers in classrooms then invest in schools and teachers. Doing the opposite is lying. (By @LYSNation)
3. The bedrock democratic institution for training American citizens is the public school system. Support, strengthen and protect it! (By @pastors4txkids)
4. Your job as an administrator is to get the best performance out of your teachers and students. You cannot observe performance from your office. (By @MalachiPancoast)
5. If you want something different, you must do something different. (By @Leadershipfreak)
6. Teaching writing = making a fire. You add firewood, but unless you leave space for air (choice, voice, play, pleasure) the fire won’t burn. (By @FletcherRalph)
7. We are in a pitched battle for the public education in Texas against Senate leadership that no longer believes in it. (By @pastors4txkids)
8. When someone asks for your help, you can feel burdened, or, you can feel honored that they are requesting your assistance. (By @justintarte)
9. When teachers go into each other’s classrooms all the teachers can become like the best teachers. We never steal a worse idea. (By @ToddWhitaker)
10. Financial expert Dave Ramsey suggests saving 5% of your salary, to be increased every year until you’re socking away 15% or more. (By @tgrierhisd)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: Texas ASCD Summer Conference, TASSP Summer Conference, Virginia Middle and High School Principals Conference; The National Principals Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Timer (Fundamental 5 Delivery Tool); PowerWalks CLC (Networked Formative Observation Tool)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook