Just a couple reminders about your resume.
First, you should update your resume at least once a year. Add your new accomplishments and cull the experiences that are now ancient history. You should do this just prior to your annual appraisal. It’s a great way to be prepared to discuss the year in a way that showcases your areas of strengths. If you don’t have to sit for an annual appraisal, updating your resume is still a good practice. Many grants, presentation proposals, requests for testimony, and contracts now require the inclusion of a resume.
Second, if you are looking for a new job or think that you may soon be looking for a new job, update your resume every six months.
Third, if you are searching for a Principal or Assistant Principal job, don’t forget the rule of 100 (first shared with me by one of my mentors, Dr. Richard Hooker).
It takes 100 applications… To get 10 interviews… To get 1 job.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: ESC 11 Summer Conference (Keynote Presentation); NEASP National Conference; The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote Presentation)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook