The following was submitted from a Big Wig in a major Principals’ organization.
E. Don and SC,
I am on the advisory team for the Principal Institute and I participate sit in the sessions. We met this week and a High School Principal was rattling Fundamental 5 language like a pro to her cohorts! I told her at the end of the session that I was going to contact you and suggest you put her on the payroll! My goodness. She is completely immersed in the implementation of The Fundamental 5. You better send some cookies to her staff!
Keep up the good work!
SC Response Great news. And like many schools, the campus in question has tackled the Fundamental 5 through book study, PLC focus and attending conferences. It is because of schools like this that the Fundamental 5 National Summit is forthcoming. Schools across the country that are working everyday to improve student outcomes through better implementation of the Fundamental 5 have been asking for a chance for purposeful, focused networking and problem solving. I’m grateful that TASSP agreed to host these two October Summits and open them up to educators from all states and all levels of campuses.
I can’t wait until October 7, 2013 in Austin and October 14, 2013 in Dallas. The pre-Summit buzz has been deafening.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook