In response to the 7/9/2103 post, “Sometimes It Pays to Play the Game– A Necessary Revision,” a LYS Assistant Superintendent writes:
We are going with a modified version…
9th and 10th will still take the English I and English II due to a huge number of our students taking duel credit college courses with English III and IV.
US History will be taken during the 11th grade.
Algebra I will be moved to 10th grade this year and Geometry will be moved to 9th grade. Granted, to do this does involve some risk. Our whole High School math rating will be based on last year’s failures taking the test. Nobody else will be taking Algebra I this year… AHHHHHHH… Scary, but it is too important to get the course moved up to 10th grade.
We had very good success at Biology and again the problem with the dual credit classes.
So for the 2013/2014 school year, two course adjustments work for us and two do not.
SC Response Good for your students, good for your district and good for you!
Two steps forward in the right direction is much better than one step, no steps or backward steps.
And it puts better positions you to make more forward steps in the 2014/2015 school year.
Keep us informed on potholes and progress.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: The Fundamental 5 National Summit (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Conference
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook