A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of May 5, 2013.
1. Today is all about student engagement. Quite simple, begin by Framing Your Lesson. (By @fosterbkay)
2. I wish we would jump through as many hoops to ensure our struggling students have small class size and great teachers as we do for our GT and AP students.
3. If we can move the most academically fragile kids just a little bit, imagine what would happen to the entire student population! (By @MosserEarthSci)
4. “The real art of conversation is not to say the right thing at the right time but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.” (By @DrRichAllen)
5. How about for teacher appreciation week, we adequately fund schools and don’t steal teacher retirement benefits? I’m looking at you, Texas Legislature.
6. Brain Bits: Calling on the first hands that go up signals the slower retrievers to stop the retrieval process. (By @AskDrMeredith)
7. When a hospital is struggling, I don’t pretend to know more than the doctors who are running it. (By @DrJerryRBurkett)
8. Louisiana Supreme Court has ruled the funding method for the state’s school voucher program is unconstitutional. (By @RYHTexas)
9. This is the time when we need to be the most motivated!!!! Keep the energy up. Observe, be creative, make connections and finish strong. (By @nickthegreek729)
10. If education really is the great equalizer, then we commit malpractice when we don’t give our kids the best of ourselves. (By @Snowmanlearning)
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook