A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of April 21, 2013.
1. For all we know, STAAR may be using passages from Pearson materials sold to TX districts. —Solid reason to release tests. (By @STAARtest)
2. “When objectives are clearly communicated its easier for students to make connections between the task and what they should be learning.” (By @Melanielynnhugh)
3. Collaboration should be part of our daily lessons with small group purposeful talk between students. (By @kbobcat05)
4. To improve student performance, improve adult practice. To improve adult practice, improve adult habits and routines.
5. Episodes of short-term stress actually make the brain work better. It’s chronic stress that’s the problem. (By @anniemurphypaul)
6. Vouchers are Still a Bad Idea – Whether they are called tax credits, opportunity scholarships, special education vouchers… (By @truthabtschools)
7. Student athletes are more confident in the classroom if they believe their coaches expect high academic performance. (By @anniemurphypaul)
8. I know of no other profession than education that clings to the belief that the secret to building expertise is to broaden your focus.
9. “The best way to sound like you know what you’re talking about is to know what you’re talking about.” (By @DrRichAllen)
10. This summer, if you have a choice of training your team on or off site, pick off site. Fewer distractions + more focus = better thinking.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook