In response to the 2/12/13 post, “It Seems That CSCOPE is the Root of All Evil (Part 1 of 4),” readers write:
1. God Bless common sense. Preach on, Cain !!!!
2. AMEN Brother… Preach on!
3. You are doing an excellent job of defending our most necessary resource! Thanks for all you do!
4. Well done!
SC Response Thank you all for the kind words. That was the intent of the series, to use a little common sense in the defense of a useful, though imperfect instructional tool.
Though according to one reader, he saw the posts as a veiled attempt to use Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals to win the CSCOPE argument (admittedly, I had to Google it). Specifically, he accused me of ridiculing the opposition with inflammatory hyperbole.
One, I debate on merits. Agree or disagree, all I want is rational discourse. So no, the Alinsky attribution was misplaced. Two, I wish I was engaging in hyperbole. But I wasn’t. Scan the Anti-CSCOPE blog sites and you will see that I used their own words and ideas.
And that is what I find most disturbing and serves as perhaps the best (worst) indictment against public education. Because if they are the product of our effort, it is obvious that we failed them and our communities.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook