A number of you in the LYS Nation are now Twitter users. If you haven’t done so yet, we want you to join us. To let you see what you are missing, here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of March 10, 2013.
1. Dear politician who thinks teachers should also serve as front line psychologists – Will this include more money or reduced accountability?
2. Who would say this? “My Chevy isn’t running efficiently, so I stopped paying for maintenance. I figured that would fix it.” (By @STAARtest)
3. “The economic recovery is not impacting school funding…” That’s because the cuts in school funding were based on agenda, not economics.
4. An MIT professor measured students’ mental activity over the course of a week. During lectures, it flatlined. (By @anniemurphypaul)
5. I don’t see in any of these “voucher” bills where private schools will now take STAAR. Or will be held accountable. (By @cheadhorn)
6. Why is carving out time for teachers to plan together considered revolutionary? It’s like being shocked to hear that exercise is a good idea.
7. If private schools are so great, shouldn’t the goal be for public schools to have the same advantages (class sizes, resources, etc.)? (By @cheadhorn)
8. Dare to care enough about your kids to tell them NO sometimes! (By @coolcatteacher)
9. One of my favorites: “Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.” (By @DrRichAllen)
10. In my view choosing to ignore social media today is a bit like living in the 1930s and deciding to ignore the telephone. (By @PensionsGuru)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation and like Lead Your School on Facebook