Though the blog went on hiatus for the Christmas Holidays, the LYS Nation Twitter Feed just kept on going. Today’s post is the last highlight review, so now we are caught up. Here are the Top 10 LYS Tweets from the week of January 7, 2013.
1. Congratulations to LYSer, Dewitt Smith! He is the new Superintendent for Wink-Loving CISD. Who will be next?
2. Today, I will have more technology in my pocket than put men on the moon. Yet most schools won’t let me learn using it. (By @thomascmurray)
3. Vouchers are not designed for kids in poverty, kids with special needs, or kids who don’t speak English. (By @DrJerryRBurkett)
4. Houston taxpayers now pay 83% of cost of education after the Texas Legislature cut $5.4B last session. With $9B surplus, will state now pay its share? (By @harvinmoore)
5. Where is taking the first week of the second semester to review the first semester in C-Scope?
6. If you are still working on the warm-up 20 minutes into class, it’s NOT a warm-up.
7. Copying vocabulary from the back of the book is instructional malpractice.
8. It doesn’t seem to matter if it is an early start school or a late start school, most of the kids and staff sleepwalk thru the 1st period.
9. I don’t have a problem with accountability. Just make it make sense. It also doesn’t need to be so punitive. (By @ONeilCHSprincip)
10. PowerWalks now has an ELPS report! Early data indicates that classrooms aren’t very ELPS friendly. Easier to fix this when you can see it.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Upcoming Presentations: North Dakota Principals Association Conference (Keynote Speaker), TASSP Assistant Principals’ Workshop (Featured Speaker), American Association of School Administrators Conference (Multiple Presentations), National Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations), Texas Association of Secondary School Principals Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation