It’s that time of year again. The time when districts look at what their campuses are doing and then look at LYS campuses and decide that it is time to make a hiring upgrade. In the course of the recruitment dance, the interested district always wants a to hear from a reference or two. And occasion, I’m one of those references.
So do you want to know why the LYS Leader is different? Here is an excerpt from a letter that I just completed that attempts to explain just that. (Masked Name) is an excellent, driven principal. What is unique about (MASKED NAME) is her expertise in school finance and her growing reputation as a grassroots political leader. She, more than any principal I know, is willing to take our fight for quality public schools to our political leaders who wish that we would just quietly go away.
To her credit, right now, she is an credible irritant to our current political leadership that believes underfunding Texas public schools is actually good public policy.
I would place (MASKED NAME) in the top five young education leaders in the state. She will do great things for the district who recognizes her unique skill set for the “once in a career” asset that it is.
Think. Work. Achieve. Your turn…
LYS is currently conducting a Principal Search. For more information, click on the link. http://tinyurl.com/LYSSearch
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “The Fundamental 5: The Formula for Quality Instruction.” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/Fundamental5
- Call Jo at (832) 477-LEAD to order your campus set of “Look at Me: A Cautionary School Leadership Tale” Individual copies available on Amazon.com! http://tinyurl.com/lookatmebook
- Now at the Apple App Store: Fun 5 Plans (Fundamental 5 Lesson Plan Tool); PW Lite (Basic PowerWalks Tool); PW Pro (Mid-level PowerWalks Tool)
- Confirmed 2012 Presentations: TASSP Conference (multiple sessions); Region 10 ESC Fall Leadership Conference (Keynote)
- Follow Sean Cain and LYS on www.Twitter.com/LYSNation