I just read, How to Get Free Classroom Supplies: Educators share tips for stocking up – without reaching into their own wallets. By Tamar Snyder.
It’s a quick and timely read. As budgets get tighter, classroom supplies always get squeezed. This article reminds us that showing a little initiative can go a long way in solving the little problems that slow us down.
There were a couple of interesting factoids in the article. One of the example teachers who is well know for his students performance on AP tests, points out his need to copying access due to the considerable amount of formative assessment that he does in his classroom.
The article also provides a number of links to organizations that help supply classrooms.
At the very least, you may want to send the article to some of your more motivated teachers.
T.W.A. – Your turn…
Send us your response to this
Recent Blog Posts
- A Reader Asks… Written “Constructive” Feedback From An Observation November 14, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Lesson Frames in a Multi-level / Multi-content Classroom November 13, 2019
- A Reader Asks… Using PowerWalks For Staff Coaching November 12, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 11, 2019 November 11, 2019
- A Testimonial From The Fundamental 5 National Summit November 8, 2019
- PowerWalks Legendary Leadership Badge (October 2019) November 7, 2019
- PowerWalks Hero Schools (October 2019) November 6, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – November 5, 2019 November 5, 2019
- Top LYS Tweets – Five Fest 2019 Edition October 30, 2019
- Just 4 Days Away – The Fundamental 5 National Summit October 23, 2019