Lead Your School represents a cadre of educators from across the country that are driven to maximize student opportunities and to lead the profession by example and action. @LYSNation is one way to share information, ideas, and reflections with those incredible teachers and school leaders. These are the Top 10 tweets shared in the past week.
- Right now, if you catch a cold, flu, strep, etc., that is your real life warning that your, and those around you, Covid-19 prevention practices are lacking. Consider yourself lucky and adjust accordingly. (By @LYSNation)
- When you are out and you see someone without a mask, instead of getting angry or glaring at the person in silent judgment, say in a friendly manner, “I think you forgot your mask.” It works. (By @LYSNation)
- Complexity = confusion. Confusion = uncertainty. Uncertainty = anxiety. Anxiety = no action. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- Educate the masses – it’s the only way to preserve our liberty! Public Education fulfills this dream better than any other system. (By @pastors4OKkids)
- “Media literacy is not just important, it’s absolutely critical. It’s going to make the difference between whether kids are a tool of the mass media or whether the mass media is a tool for the kids to use.” -Linda Ellerbee (By @mrbadura)
- Failing a student who had no zeros and no absences with a 69% during a pandemic tells me all I need to know about you as a teacher. (By @CoachOzee)
- You know what restricts liberty? The virus that causes Covid-19 and governments that fail to control it. (By @DrTomFrieden)
- Apologize and adapt when you get it wrong. “I screwed up,” strengthens relationships and builds confidence. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- Failure is ok. It’s ok to make mistakes. It’s how you learn from those mistakes and bounce back. (By @tgrierhisd)
- All distracted leaders are ineffective. (By @Leadershipfreak)
Lead Your School, Wear Your Mask, and Wash Your Hands!
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.