Lead Your School represents a cadre of educators from across the country that are driven to maximize student opportunities and to lead the profession by example and action. @LYSNation is one way to share information, ideas, and reflections with those incredible teachers and school leaders. These are the Top 10 tweets shared in the past week.

 

  1. In a novel, unmapped situation, the goal is to build an 80% solution. A plan that solves 80% of the problems that can reasonably be anticipated. Then move forward with the understanding that for the remaining 20% of the problems there will be a Plan B, Plan C, and so on. (By @LYSNation)

 

  1. Universal education for all children is a moral imperative provided and protected by the public. Until the profit motive is removed, charter school excess, incompetence, and corruption will continue. (By @pastors4txkids)

 

  1. A gentle reminder to various elected officials: If you’re supporting charter schools because “the local school district is failing” but you’re not doing everything you can to also address the needs of the local school district, you’re not fixing the overall problem. (By @mishshel)

 

  1. “Whenever society has a problem and those in charge can’t resolve it, the problem gets punted to the schools… Somehow schools are expected to do what no one else has been able to do — even though it’s vastly beyond their expertise, experience and mission.” (By @DeekWBlack)

 

  1. Just because schools are opening doesn’t mean we don’t have to be careful anymore. I think we need to be more careful than ever. Let’s keep cases down and our schools open! (By @DallasAnne)

 

  1. “Teachers in at least three states have died after bouts with the coronavirus since the dawn of the new school year.” (By @pastors4OKkids)

 

  1. Public schools are a public good, not a commodity where only a select group are served and where out of state entities profit. Public schools should be paid for by all, accountable to all and serve all – too many charter schools don’t serve a community’s best interest. (By @KBrownTASA)

 

  1. If a coach can’t trust your effort in the weight room, the classroom and at practice, how can you be trusted to play in a game? (By @CoachMotto)

 

  1. Culture drives expectations and beliefs. Expectations and beliefs drive behavior. Behavior drives habits and habits create the future. (By @JonGordon11)

 

  1. Any leader who always needs to be right gets dumber as time passes. (By @Leadershipfreak)

 

Lead Your School and Wash Your Hands!

Your turn…

Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.

Leadership

A Preponderance of Evidence

As an Assistant Principal, I figured out an effective strategy for dealing with the parents of the chronic, passive-aggressive, delinquent…
Menu