If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- You can’t be a narcissist and be a great leader. Great leaders put WE before me. (By @JonGordon11)
- 63.5% of parents using Ohio voucher program never enrolled in the district paying for the vouchers, so public dollars subsidize tuition for families already in private schools. It’s like a coupon. (By @jeffbcdm)
- “As parents, neighbors, and community members, we have a fundamental moral responsibility to desegregate our schools. It’s a matter of basic equity and our commitments to one another in a democratic society.” (By @pastors4flkids)
- The 2 top executives at IDEA Charter Schools make almost $1 million per year – paid with public dollars – but they pay their teachers $8,772 less than average Texas teacher. IDEA uses its funds on big salaries, private jets, private arena boxes, and 1st class travel. Is this really a public school? (By @TexasAFT)
- After backlash over a $2,000,000.00 luxury jet, IDEA charter schools to stop spending $400,0000.00 a year on Spurs luxury box tickets.” Our Texas “fiscal conservative” tax dollars at work. (By @pastors4txkids)
- Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be energetic and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. (By @effectleader)
- “Mental toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it’s not the best thing for you.” –Bill Belichick (By @Coaching_U)
- Often, the first 2 words that come to one’s mind when hearing the word “literacy” are reading and writing. But what if what we thought of first was power and privilege? Literacy has always been about power, or, the suppression of power.(By @KyleneBeers)
- “Good leaders have vision and inspire others to help them turn vision into reality. Great leaders create more leaders, not followers. Great leaders have vision, share vision, and inspire others to create their own.” -R. Bennett (By @effectleader)
- If student mastery of the content is the goal (which it should be), then the most important grade is the cumulative exam at the end of the course. Which means that all the work prior to the EOC or final is just… practice. (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principal Conference; ASCD Empower Conference; TASSP Summer Conference (Keynote); NAESP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP Summer Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.