If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- Those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it. (By @DavidRoads)
- Few things in organizational life are more dangerous than speaking truth to power. Reluctance to speak the truth protects incompetence. As long as you don’t provide tough feedback, positional leaders thrive. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- Good coaches ask questions instead of providing answers. They support the folks they coach instead of judging them. Coaches facilitate their growth and development. (By @tgrierhisd)
- I recently gave an exam where the average score was 40%. I felt like a failure. I took some time over the past 2 weeks to re-teach the skill. Average score? 80%. Moral of the story? If the kids aren’t getting it, it’s probably not them. Humble yourself and try again. (By @tracyreneee70)
- #1. Appreciate others when you feel under-appreciated. #2. Serve when disappointed. #3. Forgive when offended. The trouble with forgiveness is you don’t need it until it’s hard to give. #4. Care when others don’t care. Some leadership behaviors are their own reward. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- “Nearly 8 in 10 Americans prefer reforming the existing public school system rather than finding an alternative approach,” according to 2018 PDK Poll. (By @pastorsforOKkids)
- Be kind today to someone that can do nothing for you. Kindness wins. (By @engage_learning)
- “The only way to actually win is to get better each day.” -James Clear (By @Leadershipfreak)
- Good leaders save themselves a lot of time by taking time to double-check that their team understands the task right. (By @tgrierhisd)
- Education is justice. We engage to support those without a voice – the children of Oklahoma. We can all work to support our public schools. (By @pastors4OKkids)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principal Conference; ASCD Empower Conference; TASSP Summer Conference (Keynote); NAESP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.