If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- Leadership requires you to sacrifice the “I” for the “we.” Leadership requires you to make the “we” more inclusive and less exclusive. (By @LYSNation)
- Universal education is a public provision—not a market commodity. It is a fundamental human right accorded every child because we are “endowed by our Creator” with the responsibility to name God’s world, as the Genesis story teaches. It is not a product traded on an open market. (By @pastors4txkids)
- Educate the masses – it’s the only way to preserve our liberty! Public Education fulfills this dream better than any other system. (By @pastors4OKkids)
- “Conversations about vouchers and charter schools are ultimately about equity- whether we want to fund the few at the expense of the many.” (By @pastors4txkids)
- “Oppose efforts to reduce state investment in public education. This includes any attempt to divert funds from neighborhood schools to private schools.” (By @pastors4txkids)
- Leaders should not react personally if an employee asks to be released. Make sure your organization is covered and wish them well. Find out what the push/pull factors were and reflect on your practice. Take action proactively, and build an organization where people want to be. (By @supefinnlps)
- Everyone wants to be a leader when things are going well. It’s fun and there are lots of perks. But enjoying positional perks while the organization is on calm seas is not leadership. (By @LYSNation)
- Democracy depends on giving every child a great public education. Our nation and our state are counting on it! (By @pastors4OKkids)
- Low goals don’t require extraordinary actions, so they rarely lead to extraordinary results. Huge ambiguous goals can seem unattainable. But big and specific goals that have a challenging time frame can force you to look outside of the box for big and specific solutions. (By @tgrierhisd)
- You’re dangerous when you think you’re good at something when you aren’t. (By @Leadershipfreak)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principal Conference; ASCD Empower Conference; TASSP Summer Conference (Keynote); NAESP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.