If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- There is nothing like knowing you had a hand in keeping ONE student from dropping out of school! Education is a blessed profession! (By @tgrierhisd)
- Good employees don’t stay in a place where no one values them. (By @tgrierhisd)
- “Our public schools are not “charity.” Their budgets are not “munificence,” subject to the whims of corporate benefactors, but rather the hard-won legacy of public funding for all, by all.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- If you cheat yourself in practice, you’ll cheat yourself in a game; and if you cheat in a game, you’ll cheat yourself for the rest of your life. -Vince Lombardi (By @CoachMotto)
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” -Aristotle (By @leadershipfreak)
- People follow a great leader not because they have to, but because they want to. (By @tgrierhisd)
- “When schooling comes to be viewed mainly as a source of private benefit, both schools and society suffer grave consequences.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- “Take ownership of your failures, question, learn and acknowledge them, and use them to become better at what you do.” -Tom Peters (By @effectleader)
- A BIG question for leaders. Are you creating a culture where ALL team members are seeking and presenting ideas to solve organizational problems? Or, is your team solely dependent on YOU? (By @tgrierhisd)
- Culture is a competitive advantage. A team with a great culture seems to have an extra layer of strength, tradition, resilience, belief and power that is hard to defeat. (By @JonGordon11)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principal Conference; ASCD Empower Conference; TASSP Summer Conference (Keynote); NAESP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.