If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- A good leader recognizes that anything really important is best conveyed face-to-face. (By @LYSNation)
- Winners are winners because they do what losers don’t want to do. (By @CoachMotto)
- The greatest way to motivate is not through big speeches, bold strategy meetings or loud screaming sessions. The greatest way to motivate is through one on one meetings that enhance communication, develop connection and strengthen commitment one team member at a time. (By @JonGordon11)
- You’re not at your best when you’re stressed. A little stress makes you alert. A lot of stress makes you stupid. Stupid people don’t know they’re stupid. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- When the under-performers go unaddressed, it impacts the effectiveness of an organization, demonstrates a lack of accountability, and sends a message that the leader doesn’t care about the other employees that step-up and do a good job every day. (By tgrierhisd)
- The man who is afraid to risk failure seldom has to face success. –John Wooden (By @CoachMotto)
- NEW Study Confirms: “There was also no evidence found to suggest that low-income children or children enrolled in urban schools benefit more from private school enrollment.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- “Voucher programs often start small – such as targeting students with disabilities or families with lower incomes…Eventually, students using vouchers are those who have never enrolled in a public school…” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- It is always a mistake for the education of our children to be co-opted by powers outside the community where the children live. This is why public education is basically a conservative value: it is a local control, a local authority. (By @pastors4txkids)
- Don’t let the last play affect the next play. –Doc Rivers (By @LeeWall06733274)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principal Conference; ASCD Empower Conference; TASSP Summer Conference (Keynote); NAESP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.