If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- “We need quality, fully funded public schools where every child is accepted.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- “An important step toward curbing the privatization of education will be helping the public understand the difference between the ideological appeal of freedom of choice and the damage wrought through the theft of public school funding…” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- Conveying negative feedback, constructive criticisms and /or even innocent questions by note, memo or email is not an example of leadership efficiency. It is an example of leadership cowardice. (By @LYSNation)
- Pure leadership simply begins with solving problems and serving people. It is about influencing people in a positive way. (By @Growing Leaders)
- Teachers work more overtime than any other professionals, analysis finds. (By @ChrononautMLR)
- You can talk yourself into being in bad mood and you can talk yourself out of it. Being miserable is an option. So is being around it. (By @RobertShipley2)
- In great organizations everyone talks about how to solve problems. In dysfunctional organizations everyone complains about the problems. (By @JonGordon11)
- Leadership and management are not the same thing. Both are important; but different. Management is about coping with complexity. Leadership is about coping with change. (By @tgrierHISD)
- Trim the fat on lessons and enjoy more time: 1) Start the lesson when the bell rings. 2) Limit welcome tasks / bell ringers to 3-5 minutes if you need to take roll. 3) Use video instructions to avoid repeating directions. 4) Have all materials out and organized. 5) Work until the bell. (By @Catlin_Tucker)
- I’ve noticed that when we focus on caring about others… our own problems become a little less significant. (By @SteeleThoughts)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principal Conference; ASCD Empower Conference; TASSP Summer Conference (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.