If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- True conservatives conserve. They conserve the principles and institutions that made America great: courts, constitution, fair markets, faith communities, public schools. These constitute the Common Good. True conservatives conserve them. They do not seek to destroy them. (By @pastors4txkids)
- What if America’s billionaires embraced quality public education for all children instead of the privatization of it for a few? Their philanthropy could make every public school a shining center of learning and discovery, the anchor of opportunity for every American neighborhood. (By @pastors4txkids)
- “We need quality, fully funded public schools where every child is accepted.” (By @pastors4OKids)
- When you lead a school district, you are going to face criticism if you change ANYTHING or if you change NOTHING. You cannot change that fact. You can help by not reading social media. It creates a lot of noise and clouds your judgment. Do what is right for kids. Period. (By @tgrierhisd)
- As it relates to gun violence, ignorance is no longer an excuse. (By @LYSNation)
- The most important question to ask in every checkpoint data meeting… Are we on pace with the scope and sequence? (By @LYSNation)
- There’s a misconception about teamwork. Teamwork is the ability to have different thoughts about things; it’s the ability to argue and stand up and say loud and strong what you feel. But in the end, it’s also the ability to adjust to what is the best for the team. –Tom Landry (By @CoachMotto)
- I don’t know all the rules for success… But I know the first one: Enjoy what you’re doing! (By @SteeleThoughts)
- “Despite this evidence, some lawmakers continue to resist admitting that Oklahoma needs to increase revenues for education…” This is why every Oklahoman that cares about our future and Oklahoma Educators must vote and hold our elected representatives accountable.
- Quit making excuses, putting it off, complaining, dreaming about it, whining, crying, believing you can’t, worrying if you can, waiting until you are older, skinnier, richer, braver, or all around better. Suck it up, hold on tight, say a prayer, make a plan and just get it done. (By @Motiversity_)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote); ASCD Empower Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.