If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- School choice only makes private schools cheaper for rich people. (By @danadwk)
- “For many, the choice of school is an entirely self-centered decision. We want to decide what is best for “us” or what will serve “our child” most completely…but what about other people’s children?” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- For-profits hide behind nonprofit charters…. Time to expose the truth. (By @carolburris)
- When the lesson planning requirement of the school is onerous, change the process. But DON’T abandon the practice. Planning is the prerequisite practice of all exceptional teachers. (By @LYSNation)
- If you are not planning your lessons, you are leaving student performance on the table. (By @LYSNation)
- Leaders with integrity keep their word, even when it hurts, they admit their mistakes and do what they can to right the wrongs. Integrity involves making values-based decisions, not decisions based on personal gain. Without Integrity, no real success is possible. (By @effectleader)
- A humble leader welcomes new knowledge, even when they know the subject, they also encourage others to share what they know. An aloof leader is a bad leader. By being curious, a leader is able to learn, and the team is not intimated. This attitude is critical to inspiring the team. (By @effectleader)
- A teacher can have higher standards than the state and district. A teacher can have additional standards to the state and district. But in ALL cases, the state and district standards are THE standards. (By @LYSNation)
- I’ll never understand the argument against lesson plans … it is like being asked to cook a meal for 25 and not making a list for the grocery store. (By @SraAguilarCFISD)
- Your skill may get you to the top, but your character will keep you there. (By @GrowingLeaders)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: AIE Fall Conference; Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote); ASCD Empower Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.