If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- School administrators, the craft has evolved over the past 20 yrs. The secret to school success is to get all teachers teaching better than we ever did on our best day… Every day. The first step… Admit that we are no longer God’s Gift to the Classroom.(By @LYSNation)
- Three Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Complain: 1. If you are complaining you’re not leading. 2. It’s toxic. 3. Complaining causes you to be stuck where you are instead of moving towards where you want to be.(By @JonGordon11)
- Thirty years ago, small towns across Texas were doing a whole lot better than they are today. And small town teacher salaries were on par with suburban and urban salaries. Are these two facts related? Absolutely.(By @LYSNation)
- The things you ignore return to you.(By @Leadershipfreak)
- My community chapter of the “All Taxes are Evil and Public Schools are Bad” political party is fighting the proposed school bond package. Because school bonds are debt that are paid for with taxes. In other breaking news, water is wet and ice is cold.(By @LYSNation)
- Pennsylvania used to license more than 14,000 new teachers annually. Now, it issues certificates to FEWER than 5,000. The number of education majors in colleges and universities have dropped 55% since 1996. This is an EPIDEMIC that gets very little attention!(By @FixingEducation)
- Your life is often defined by how you handle your moment of greatest adversity.(By @tgrierhisd)
- All of us are lucky enough to have a handful of staff that can see or hear some THING once and then go out and do that THING, with a level of competence. These people are magical unicorns. It’s what they do. Don’t give yourself credit for the unicorns.(By @LYSNation)
- Product, monopoly, and market share. Are these words we want to associate with Oklahoma kids? We don’t think so.(By @pastors4OKkids)
- “Nearly 8 in 10 Americans prefer reforming the existing public school system rather than finding an alternative approach,” according to 2018 PDK Poll. (By @pastors4OKkids)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Summer Conference; TEPSA Summer Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; NASSP Summer Conference; FCSTAT Summer Conference (Keynote); Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote); RISE Education Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.