If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- “Vouchers are corrupt.” (By @pastors4txkids)
- More children were shot dead in 2017 than on-duty police officers and active duty military combined, study says. (By @New_Narrative)
- If school funding is based on state test performance (tests with a significant positive performance correlation to student wealth), then the more affluent the students the campus serves, the more funding the campus would receive. (By @LYSNation)
- School funding based on accountability test performance… This idea can be summed up in 1 word – STUPID. (By @LYSNation)
- Here’s a crazy idea… Let’s hold the adults in leadership positions to the same behavior standards we expect of middle school students. (By @LYSNation)
- The MOST successful classrooms are the ones that have talking and writing by the students happening ALL THE TIME. (By @traci_tousant)
- The State of Texas does not care how students perform on district unit tests. Not even one little bit. The state only cares about STAAR test performance. (By @LYSNation)
- Surround yourself with people strong enough to change your mind. –John Wooden (By @CoachMotto)
- I have no patience for hypocrites occupying leadership positions. (By @LYSNation)
- U.S. Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos, Outraged That Her Own Budget Makes Her Look Like a Monster. (By @BruceLesley)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Summer Conference; TEPSA Summer Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; NASSP Summer Conference; Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote); RISE Education Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.