If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- “Parents have every right to choose such schools for their children. They don’t have the right to public funding of their choice.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- “Instead of saving tax funds, each of the private school scholarships financed by Georgia’s tax credits has cost the state government more than twice what it would spend to send a child to public schools.” (By @DrT_MoCoSuper)
- “Voucher programs often start small – such as targeting students with disabilities or families with lower incomes…Eventually, students using vouchers are those who have never enrolled in a public school…” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- From a leadership perspective, you need to reexamine how you implement choice. Because choice can (and often does) represents a significant barrier to change. (By @LYSNation)
- Despite promises of tax savings by its sponsors and supporters, Georgia’s private school scholarship law is costing state taxpayers millions of extra dollars annually and so far has supported a per pupil expenditure that is more than double the amount spent in the public schools. (By @DrT_MoCoSuper)
- Why isn’t the general public not questioning how it’s acceptable to spend +$20k on an inmate and only $4k on a poor student? The longer we spend $4k on a student the more inmates we will have the next 10yrs! It’s absurd that we are ok with this as a state! (By @FCSSuper)
- Failure is not fatal, but failure to change may be. –John Wooden (By @CoachMotto)
- Your body language is a billboard for your mental toughness and maturity. (By @SportsMotto)
- Attitude is truly everything. Life is not about what happens to you, but how you deal with it. (By @CoachMotto)
- Losers assemble in little groups and complain… but winners assemble as a team. -Bill Parcells (By @CoachMotto)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Summer Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; NASSP Summer Conference; Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.