If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. Good teachers make it look easy, so folks assume it is. (By @FixingEducation)
2. When resolving conflicts, humility is always the best course of action; arrogance results in destruction. (By @howellwright)
3. The influence of successful leaders is best seen in the people on their teams. Their teams walk around with heads up and minds open – eager to seize opportunities. (By @Leadershipfreak)
4. The secret to school success is to get all my teachers teaching better than I ever did on my best day… Every day. (By @LYSNation)
5. When it comes to failure, be like President G.H.W. Bush, Use “I.” When it comes to success, use “We.” “I” reflects personal responsibility. “We” respects others. The shift from “I” to “We” is the heart of humble leadership. A side benefit of taking responsibility is trust. (By @Leadershipfreak)
6. Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will. (By @InspowerMinds)
7. Your school no longer a polling place? That was a logical decision in the short run and a huge mistake in the long run. (By @LYSNation)
8. Sick and tired of politicians and non-educators saying they will “fix our broken schools.” What’s broken is the failed policies of last 20 years: Test and punish. Funding cuts to public education. Privatization – vouchers and charters. De-professionalization of teaching… Yeah, let’s blame teachers. (By @NoelCandelaria)
9. There’s a disconnect between state leaders’ school day memories and what schools actually are today. They need to go substitute teach for a month and be enlightened. (By @EnevoldsenBea)
10. Dear high school kids, learn: 1 – Public speaking. 2 – Writing well. 3 – Story telling (see 1-2). 4 – Critical thinking (not cynicism). 5 – Good manners. 6 – Active listening (hear with your eyes). 7 – Networking (trust and giving). 8 – Good customer service. 9 – How to sell. 10 – To fight against entitlement. (By @ValaAfshar)
Think. Work. Achieve.
Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant / Aspiring Principal Conference; ASCD Empower19 Conference; TASSP Summer Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; NASSP Summer Conference; Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.