If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- “With profit as a motive in Oklahoma’s school choice movement, children suffer. Bold leadership is needed to say: Enough.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- One of the most frustrating parts of being a teacher is watching non-educators debate the operation of educational systems. (By @FixingEducation)
- “Folks, wouldn’t it be easier and cheaper simply to fix the public schools? Seriously, legislators, stop creating an expensive, alternate universe of learning that sucks dry funds for traditional public schools….” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- “People who don’t have kids in public schools need to support public schools! The health of our society is dependent on ALL children being educated and having opportunities.” (By@antraasa)
- When a student struggles with reading, we find out why and teach them. When a student struggles with math, we find out why and teach them. When a student struggles with their behavior, we need to find out why and teach them… Not just punish. (By @justintarte)
- Here are 3 things that students must do in every subject every day: 1 – TALK using academic language at least for 3 minutes. 2 – WRITE at least 2 sentences using academic language. 3 – READ at least one paragraph containing academic language. (By @tracy_tdennis)
- “Public money for public schools for public purposes.” (By @la_tognetti)
- The only valid leadership response to an anonymous complaint is to ignore it. (By @LYSNation)
- Don’t assume that your community knows all of the great things that your district is doing. Be intentional in sharing your successes! (By @bradmceachern)
- According to the fascists, if you are anti-fascist, that means you are not being tolerant to fascism so that makes you a fascist. (By @DesignationSix)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: ASCD Empower19 Conference; TASSP Summer Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; NASSP Summer Conference; Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.