If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- “The heart of any school is the teacher. The only way to ensure that every Texas child receives a quality education is to place a well-educated, well-prepared teacher in every classroom. That truth will never change.” (By @SchoolPriority)
- Taxes are investments in the public good. Everyone pays them for essential provisions we all need and use: roads, water, schools. It’s the public interest. We do not use it for private aims or interests. The privatization of public education is wrong. It must end now. (By @pastors4txkids)
- “Vouchers chip away at our Founding Fathers’ wise safeguards to keep government hands out of our religious institutions. To put it simply, you shouldn’t have to support my religious school, and I shouldn’t have to support yours” (By @pastors4txkids)
- “Do right and risk the consequences.” –Sam Houston (By @LeeWall06733274)
- Ignore the anonymous complainer. He lacks both a spine and a legitimate complaint. (By @LYSNation)
- “The free public education, while guaranteed by our state constitution, is not actually granted by a government, but is a provision of God. Faith convicts us that all children deserve the chance at a great education.” (By @pastors4OKkids)
- “Many charter schools exclude students because of any disciplinary history—even visits to the principal’s office. Unlike our public schools, which are required to educate all kids, charters can exclude students.” (By @pastors4txkids)
- The right routines can actually enhance innovation and creativity by giving us the equivalent of an energy rebate. (By @GregoryMcKeown)
- “Segregation by intellectual level is every bit as shameful as segregation by color.” (By @CarrieUnbound)
- You want less behavior issues – get kids engaged, get them talking, get them moving, get them creating – don’t give them a worksheet or a packet. (By @meadamwelcome)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: ASCD Empower19 Conference; TASSP Summer Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; NASSP Summer Conference; Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.