If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence. –Vince Lombardi (By @CoachMotto)
- At the “Creating” level of cognition, the student is: (1) Taking understandings and information from one area. (2) Taking understandings and information from another area. (3) Using that to create a something new and novel in this area. (By @LYSNation)
- The Bitter Truth: Being taught ALL the content standards at the REQUIRED level of thinking is better for the student than being taught FEWER than the required content standards at higher than required thinking. (By @LYSNation)
- Privatizers of public education hate these ideas: Public Interest; Social Contract; Tax Investment; Democratic Action; Community Organizing; Constitutional Covenant; Common Good. To Privatizers there is no such thing as public. There is only private. Only an individual. Me. Myself. Mine. (By @pastors4txkids)
- The tyranny of the “school choice” movement is evident with the least amount of scrutiny. The fleecing of the common good to benefit the private good must come to an end for justice to prevail. (By @pastors4OKkids)
- A good leader gets people to follow him because they want to, not because he makes them. –Tony Dungy (By @CoachMotto)
- Complaining is NOT a strategy. Be thoughtful. Be intentional. Be solution oriented. Be positive. That’s how we’ll move forward! (By @mradamwelcome)
- Evidently bad pay, lack of respect, and terrible working conditions are not attracting enough teachers. (By @TeacherArthurG)
- Since 2001, the House of Representatives averaged 138 days of work and Senate averaged 162 days of work per year. Their base salary is $174,000. Teachers work 180 days every year and their base salary (average) is $38,617. (By @NicholasFerroni)
- Excited to share that our streak of presenting at the NASSP National Conference is still ongoing! See you this Summer in Boston!!! (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant / Aspiring Principal Conference; ASCD Empower19 Conference; TASSP Summer Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; NASSP Summer Conference; Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.