If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. I just read this interesting thread about whose job is the toughest in education. Seems to me no one can truly walk in another’s shoes and everyone, in their own way, is a leader. We all lead something. Maybe the toughest job is being a student, especially an academically fragile one. (By @TinneyTroy)
2. Attitude is a choice. Think positive thoughts daily. Believe in yourself. (By @CoachKWisdom)
3. Implementation, at scale, doesn’t occur because time, energy and resources were allocated and spent. Implementation, at scale, occurs thru on-going, embedded training; monitoring; problem solving; support; and most importantly leadership focus and doggedness. (By @LYSNation)
4. Show gratitude for progress as well as big wins. (By @Leadershipfreak)
5. The high-performing class isn’t the class with the highest test scores. The high-performing class is the one that consistently outperforms its demographic peers. This is a critical point, because this factors out the performance drivers of Segregation and Life Experience. (By @LYSNation)
6. Adversity is not the opportunity to make excuses. –Dabo Swinney (By @CoachMotto)
7. The “No-win” situation is a gift. Because this is the crucible where you will find out if you are a real leader or just a pretender. (By @LYSNation)
8. The improvements that make the biggest impact attack and move the status quo. (By @LYSNation)
9. Are you okay with the current Texas Legislature underfunding Texas Public Schools by $2,300 per pupil less than the national average? How can this same legislative body expect increasingly higher public ededucation performance while continuing to undermine and underfund Texas Public Schools? (By @DeborahCano1)
10. The improvements that make the biggest impact must have leadership support, monitoring and protection. (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant / Aspiring Principal Conference; ASCD Empower19 Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; TASSP Summer Conference; Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.