Blog Post: Top LYS Tweets – December 17, 2018
If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- The Lesson Frame is something you purposefully design and implement that makes sure the learning loop is actually closed so students better remember what was taught from day to day. (By @LYSNation)
- Contrary to the opinion of many people, leaders are not born. Leaders are made, and they are made by effort and hard work. –Vince Lombardi (By @CoachMotto)
- Addressing classroom set-up and environment concerns ought to be easy, but it isn’t. Teachers take any critique of their rooms very personally. Even more so than a critique of their instructional practice. (By @LYSNation)
- A messy, disorganized, chaotic classroom is doing three things: 1 – Impeding student academic performance. 2 – Escalating student discipline issues. 3 – Hampering teacher effectiveness. (By @LYSNation)
- I am reminding every district / campus administrator and coach that athletics is a supplemental program… Not THE program. Make decisions and act accordingly. (By @LYSNation)
- “…School athletics is about more than wins and losses. A good school athletic program is about building students of character…” (By @LYSNation)
- The root cause of the school funding problem in Texas is this: The state doesn’t currently have the money to fund schools properly. It’s a revenue problem first and an allocation problem second. State leaders must address the revenue problem. (By @CollierForTexas)
- Incompetent leaders feel powerful by making others feel powerless. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- We can’t just swap how revenue is generated to fund Texas Public Schools. If we want real local property tax relief and great public schools, The Texas Legislature needs to fix the funding formula, end some tax breaks and generate new revenue streams for long term solution. (By @NoelCandelaria)
- My unreasonable expectation is that every campus coaching staff should be at least as good as the staff that coached me when I was a student/athlete. (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant / Aspiring Principal Conference; ASCD Empower19 Conference; NAESP Summer Conference; TASSP Summer Conference; Fundamental 5 National Summit (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.