If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- Until the school grading system measures adult work as accurately as it measures student poverty, its usefulness for true school accountability is marginal, at best… And intellectually dishonest, at worst. (By @LYSNation)
- They take offense at us saying it, but justice for our children demands it: we have leaders in this state who do not believe in public education. They must be voted out of office now. It is a moral imperative. Vote — and get 10 others to do the same. (By @pastors4txkids)
- Finding the problem: when the majority of the people have the same practice, the people are not the problem, the system is the problem. (By @clwilkens)
- Once you realize something isn’t working, change. To do otherwise is to willingly allow the organization to at best, waste effort, and at worst, self-inflict harm. (By @LYSNation)
- Both candidates for Lt. Governor were offered chance to speak at TASA/TASB where local control is one of the most important roles of a democracy. Mike Collier chose to be here. The other candidate (Dan Patrick) could not make it. You make up your own mind. And TASA/TASB is in Austin FYI. (By @mcardona1989)
- As a school leader, to knowingly allow adult practices and systems to diminish student performance is tantamount to theft. You are allowing a child’s future potential and opportunity to be stolen. (By @LYSNation)
- Faith is taking action without certainty of the outcome. (By @clwilkens)
- The Texas School Accountability System, in its current form, is designed to further an anti-public school agenda. (By @LYSNation)
- Anytime you rely on title or position, you’ve lost influence and resorted to intimidation. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- First grade students’ response to the following Teacher question, “Are you ready for the next question?” Students – “Yes. No. What are we supposed to say?” (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote); AMLE National Conference; AIE Conference; ASCD Empower19 Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.