If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- I cannot support someone that purportedly “represents me” and doesn’t want to support our schools. People in our community move here FOR our neighborhood schools. There’s a disconnect. (By @antraasa)
- Stripped funding that starves Texas public schools, vouchers that push government into our private schools, tests that punish our kids/teachers/schools, shell-game budget practices that use our hard-earned property taxes to support other state needs. How do we defeat these bad ideas? VOTE! (By @pastors4txkids)
- Democracy depends on giving every child a great public education. Our nation and our state are counting on it! (By @pastors4OKkids)
- Our state has lost its way. We are selling out our children to the highest bidder. Let’s fight those who would seek to privatize our community public schools. Let’s resist the forces that would return our country to the days of segregation. Children are the future, not a commodity. (By @SuptMarkHenry)
- Excellence doesn’t happen by accident. (By @LYSNation)
- Privatization of public education is an inherent contradiction, an egregious violation, a serious corruption, an historical revision, and a tragic renunciation of the Common Good. Decent people everywhere should fight this immoral and un-American idea with all their might. (By @pastors4txkids)
- Vouchers take public money to subsidize private schools. They don’t work, as the data shows. They violate our religious liberty by using our tax dollars to endorse religions we don’t agree with. They expand/intrude government into our church schools. They are corrupt and failed. (By @pastors4txkids)
- Don’t spit in teachers’ faces and tell them it’s raining, Lt. Governor Dan Patrick. Thanks to your massive cuts to education funding, classrooms are too large and getting larger. There aren’t near enough special education teachers. We are not investing is Pre-K. (By @CollierForTexas)
- If Lt. Governor Dan Patrick is re-elected, the only way public schools will be able to make ends meet will be to lay off more teachers, counselors, and support staff. How does that help our kids?!? (By @CollierForTexas)
- Working hard is one thing, but working hard with purpose is what separates the good from the great. (By @dw_dwr)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote); AMLE National Conference; AIE Conference; ASCD Empower19 Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.