If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- When did we start judging the quality of a man (or woman) by how rich he is and/or how many degrees he has? Because if that is the new standard, I can think of very few ideas that are more un-American. (By @LYSNation)
- Ending school accountability would be a stress reducing concept for adults. But it would also be a horrible solution for students. (By @LYSNation)
- How can we separate children from parents under a zero tolerance policy but then not have an accurate tracking system? This is ridiculous and an act of extreme incompetence. (By @CowboySupt)
- Voting a straight ticket just ensures that you often vote for crooks and imbeciles over qualified candidates. (By @LYSNation)
- Among the many reasons we are so vehemently opposed to vouchers (don’t work, violate religious liberty, etc.), is that they are abject corruption in the name of good. For a church to take voucher money is a double corruption. (By pastors4txkids)
- Texas can no longer trust our current Lt. Governor, Dan Patrick. A change is desperately needed, all educators and Texans who have or had kids in school, need to vote for Mike Collier for Lt. Governor. You can vote for the best from each political party, I am! (By @FrichardsonH)
- “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” -Voltaire (By @pastors4txkids)
- Raising the floor of student performance is the spring board to changing one’s economic status. (By @LYSNation)
- Three tips for new school leaders. 1 – You don’t know what you think you know. 2 – Do something meaningful. 3 – If you need a friend, get a dog. (By @LYSNation)
- Don’t leave the successful integration of new members of your team to chance. (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote); AMLE National Conference; ASCD Empower19 Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.