It always amazes me how often campus operations and practices are left to chance. We hire staff and then hope that through luck and osmosis the new hires will know what to do. There is a better way. Implement a new hire induction program.
Because an induction program ensure that new hires integrate successfully into the team, are familiar with fundamental practices and expectations, and quickly become assets to the organization. Induction topics should include (at the very least):
- Curriculum source and resources
- Instructional planning practices
- Discipline management practices
- Instructional delivery practices
- Grading policies and practices
Don’t leave the successful integration of new members of your team to chance. Induct and keep your campus moving forward at full speed.
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: NAESP National Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Principals Conference; LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote); AMLE National Conference; ASCD Empower19 Conference
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.