If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- “In Arizona, the only state that rivals Florida when it comes to extensive, unregulated school choice, fourth-grade grade scores still rank near the bottom of the nation. It is joined at the bottom by other school choice states such as Nevada, South Carolina & Louisiana.” (By @pastors4txkids)
- Grades are rarely successful at teaching students about responsibility, time management and organization (many adults still struggle). Instead, an overemphasis on grades creates a culture of compliance. In reality, grades should be about an evidenced demonstration of learning. (By @justintarte)
- Arrogance can’t learn from failure, because failure is not an option for pomposity. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- When something goes wrong at a school, the Principal is ultimately responsible. When something goes wrong in a school district, the Superintendent is ultimately responsible. That is the burden of those who accept the responsibility of true leadership. (By @LYSNation)
- Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick’s agenda, actions and policies have marginalized those who do not believe as he believes, do not live like he lives, do not occupy his economic strata, and do not look like him. (By @LYSNation)
- Can’t wait for our campus to dive into writing critically in all contents next year. (By @TheCBreedlove)
- The first time you quit, it’s hard. The second time, it gets easier. The third time, you don’t even have to think about it. -Bear Bryant (By @CoachMotto)
- Teachers, do everything you can to become financially secure, so you can weather any financial storm you may face while doing the job that we all love. (By @LYSNation)
- “My teachers did it that way and I turned out fine” is no excuse to stick to outdated practices. What if doctors had that same mindset? (By @teachergoals)
- Unhappy and doing the right thing is always better than happy and complacent doing the wrong thing. (By @LYSNation)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: LYS / ESC 3 Fundamental 5 Leadership Symposium; VASSP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); NAESP National Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Principals Conference; LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.