If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick’s agenda, actions and policies have a negative effect on social services, health care and public education in Texas. (By @LYSNation)
- If re-elected, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, will militarize schools with armed teachers and “hardened targets.” That should be enough evidence for all Texans to see he is unfit to lead. Saying teachers are a part of the “well-regulated militia” as stated in Second Amendment is pure insanity. (By @CollierForTexas)
- Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick will destroy public education. Comparing us to a militia is ludicrous. Teaching respect, acceptance, and tolerance will do more to keep our classrooms from operating in fear. (By @dudleydustymom)
- My party is public education. I don’t care how much you beat your chest about being “principled,” or how conservative or liberal you are. What have you done for my kids? (By @tdcave)
- Just saw a South Texas politician say that God and Prayer has been removed from schools. That’s completely false. Every time I go into a school I see God everywhere and I know unequivocally it’s legal to pray. What you won’t see are adults proselytizing kids with their view of religion. (By @DeronR_EdLaw)
- Majority of Texans want sensible gun laws like better background checks and red flag laws. Texans are demanding safer schools for our children! We must vote the cowards out of office to get it done. Common sense, compassion, and action are what makes us Texans. (By @CollierForTexas)
- Public schools are shining sanctuaries of scholarship and towering temples of truth for all our children. They deserve the full support of every legislator, every philanthropist, every minister, every neighbor, every citizen. (By @pastros4txkids)
- Can’t wait for our campus to dive into writing critically in all contents next year. (By @TheCBreedlove)
- Govern your attitude and behavior by who you aspire to become, not who others fail to be. (By @Leadershipfreak)
- You attract who you are. If you want can-do people around you, then be a can-do person. (By @ManuelScott)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); TEPSA Summer Conference; LYS / ESC 3 Fundamental 5 Leadership Symposium; VASSP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); NAESP National Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Principals Conference; LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.