If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- There is a simple logic to rating schools A-F. Meaning, that to the Simpleton, an “A” school is exceptional, a “F” school is not, and all the other schools are some shade of “Not Good” or “Not Bad.” (By @LYSNation)
- The A-F Accountability system primarily measures campus poverty rates. (By @LYSNation
- Think private school vouchers would create better academic outcomes? Think again. Researchers have found that public school students outperform private school students nationwide. (By @RYHTexas)
- Massive voucher, aka scholarship, abuse in Arizona. “Some parents transferred all of their scholarship money into a 529 college-savings account and then left the program — preventing the state from recouping the funds. Others pocketed the money and sent their kids to public schools.” (By @smidler)
- When the primary driver of a school’s rating is its poverty level, the accountability system is flawed. (By @LYSNation)
- More than 9 in 10 teachers say they joined the profession for idealistic reasons — “I wanted to do good” — but most are struggling to some extent economically. (By @NPR)
- The “tight budget” will no doubt force deeper benefit cuts for teachers if Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick is reelected. It is by design. Cut big corporate taxes one session (2015) then there’s “not enough” money for teachers the next session (2017). It’s dishonest policy, and it’s cruel to teachers. (By @CollierForTexas)
- Hard work is not punishment. It is simply the price of admission for the opportunity to reach a standard of sustained excellence. (By @CoachKWisdom)
- In the real world, not the fake world of schools, it is understood that to become an expert, one must narrow his/her focus. (By @LYSNation)
- Science literacy empowers you to know when someone else is full of s**t. (By @neiltyson)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: LYS / ESC 4 Principals Symposium (Keynote); TASSP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); TEPSA Summer Conference; LYS / ESC 3 Fundamental 5 Leadership Symposium; VASSP Summer Conference (Multiple Presentations); NAESP National Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Principals Conference; LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on Facebook.