If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- There is a new wind blowing in Texas and throughout the nation. Grassroots leaders —teachers, pastors, businesspeople — are awakened now to the attack on God’s common good by bad legislative policies. We will stand for it no more. (By @pastors4txkids)
- “Those pesky teachers are at it again. Now they have the audacity to encourage each other to vote.” (By @pastors4txkids)
- “Our true measure of success as a learning environment should not be how students do with us, but how they do once they leave us.” (By James_C_Dean)
- Reading The Fundamental 5 (Cain & Laird)for grad school and I was just reminded what a valuable tool framing my lesson is to not only distracted students but the high achievers too. (By (@allysonteaches)
- To protect our most basic and important right, LIFE, there needs to be some common-sense restraints to other, slightly less important, rights. (By @LYSNation)
- There is no shortage of misguided statements in today’s America. But Rick Santorum suggesting that kids learn CPR instead of calling for gun laws is in a category of its own. (By @DanRather)
- You cannot sustain the Texas Economic Miracle without sustaining public education. (By @jrdg1961)
- Kentucky is 3rd worst in the country at Education Funding per student in America. If we want to have a bright future for Kentucky, Public Education has to be a priority. If it isn’t, the state simply can’t prosper. (By @MattJonesRadio)
- The good people of San Antonio should be outraged that there will be cuts to teacher positions because the state cannot pay its bills! Every $1.00 of increased recapture money paid to the state is offset by a $1.50 REDUCTION in school funding. Texans are being ripped off! (By @CollierForTexas)
- Immediate gratification is the enemy of lasting change/progress. (By @Leadershipfreak)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: LYS / ESC 4 Principals Symposium (Keynote); NAESP National Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Principals Conference; LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on facebook.