If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- Public schoolteachers are our children’s first responders. They should be held in the highest esteem with our police and firefighters. (By @pastors4txkids)
- Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick is a straight up liar. He’s betting folks are dumb enough to believe him. Please Texas, please don’t vote for this liar. (By @Aurorafar)
- Don’t fall for it: Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick’s property tax “relief” is anything but. (By @TexasCounties)
- When Texas State Legislators tell you they’ve cut state taxes, it’s often because they are shifting costs down to property taxpayers through unfunded mandates. So, are they really cutting your taxes? (By @TexasCounties)
- People have been asking us all day about the letter from the Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick’s group slandering us. First, “Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.” Eph. 5:11 Second, VOTE! (By @pastors4txkids)
- Texas teachers maybe you can’t use school stuff but you sure can use word of mouth to encourage your fellow teachers and parents to vote out those against public education. (By @TomKenn59726577)
- There isn’t a freedom loving Texan alive, regardless of political affiliation, that should not be incredulous and angered, by any group like Empower Texans that passes itself off as a “grass roots” movement when it’s really seven families attempting to buy control of state government. (By @mgshearon)
- Empower Texans sending out letters falsely accusing school board presidents of breaking the law. Where I come from false accusations are not very conservative nor very Texan. Could be fighting words – take it to the ballot box! (By @CowboySupt)
- We’ll let a student do nothing for half of his high school career and not hassle him. But let that same student cheat once, and we punish him to the Nth degree. That’s backwards. I’ll take the student who cares enough to cheat over the student who doesn’t care, every single time. (By @LYSNation)
- Refusing to act because someone’s feelings might get hurt means feelings run your organization. (By @Leadershipfreak)
Think. Work. Achieve.
Upcoming Conference Presentations: ESC 9 Leadership Conference (Multiple Presentations); LYS / ESC 4 Principals Symposium (Keynote); NAESP National Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Principals Conference; LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote)
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on facebook.