If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- “I cannot on good conscience vote for a man who I know to be a liar, nor can I vote for a man who willfully ignores and disrespects his legislative colleagues and his constituents,” Scott Milder on Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (By @LYSNation)
- Confidence is the feeling you have just before you fully understand the odds. Courage is what you take with you to beat them. (By @clwilkens)
- Teacher Preparation Program participants dug into the Fundamental 5 (Cain & Laird) last night as part of their journey to become classroom teachers! Always a pleasure to work with the future of education. (By @ToshMcGaughy)
- “Independent reading is the bedrock of our balanced literacy framework. Kids acquire far more words while reading than what we could ever teach them one by one.” (By @MsElikwu)
- “The voucher is government intrusion into our home and private schools. It’s wasteful. It’s an entitlement. There’s no accountability attached to it, and so conservatives oppose it. If someone calls themselves a conservative and is pro-voucher, he’s stolen the term.” (By @pastors4txkids)
- The Houston Chronicle exposes the utterly false assertions made repeatedly by Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick in his attempt to manipulate voters. Texans know better — which is why more Texans voted against Dan Patrick than voted for him in this week’s primary. (By @CollierForTexas)
- Because we live in a low-tax, low-service state (Texas), teachers end up serving as de facto social workers intervening in everything from abuse and neglect to medical and mental health crises, for no extra pay. The disrespect from Austin for our state’s best people is intolerable. (By @johnkuhntx)
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is endorsing ultra-rightwing candidates statewide in a desperate, last-ditch effort to continue his misguided project to dismantle public education in Texas. It is wrong. It is sinful. And it must be stopped. (By @pastors4txkids)
- Local public schools have been our greatest historic asset as a nation and hold the highest potential for preparing each child to thrive in the future. We love public schools. (By @NPEaction)
- Positivity and encouragement are contagious. Just like negativity and skepticism. Choose the former. (By @justintarte)
Think. Work. Achieve.
Upcoming Conference Presentations: ESC 9 Leadership Conference (Multiple Presentations); LYS / ESC 4 Principals Symposium (Keynote); NAESP National Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Principals Conference; LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote)
Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on facebook.