If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
1. The depth of student thinking in the typical high school English classroom would increase 200% if ELA teachers would just understand that telling students what the text means is not the same as students figuring out what the text means. (By @LYSNation)
2. Why are people defending the 2nd Amendment so scared of children armed only with the 1st Amendment? (By @wokeluisa)
3. Unfair school funding is the most significant obstacle to improving outcomes for our nation’s public education students. (By @pastors4txkids)
4. Schools are already woefully under-funded. You would have poor children going to public school and more affluent children going to private schools underwritten by the public treasury. Economic and racial apartheid. That’s the result if a voucher bill passes.” (By @pastors4txkids)
5. We are inspired daily by the integrity and deep moral character of our Texas educators. They are God-called leaders shaping our children into mature citizens. We trust them fully to honor proper democratic process this election season. (By @pastors4txkids)
6. If someone calls themselves a conservative and is pro-voucher, he’s stolen the term and is not using it correctly because conservatives stand for limited government and fiscal accountability. -Pastor Charles Foster Johnson (By @Nataliel_Lange)
7. If coaches are pushing you hard, be thankful – it means they care. Be worried when they STOP! (@CoachMotto)
8. Here’s the deal: If you increase state education mandates but decrease state education funding, you drive up local taxes because the cost of your mandates have to be borne somewhere. This makes you bad at governing. And if you’re bad at your job in the real world, you get fired. (By @johnkuhntx)
9. Don’t believe Dirty Dan’s (Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick) ad. Truth is 85-90% of a school districts budget goes to salaries. Stadiums and school facilities are built on bond elections that locals decide on. Dan doesn’t just hate Public Education and teachers, he hates Texas football now. (By @scarp1202)
10. A teacher voting for Dan Patrick is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders! (By @60regular)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: ESC 9 Leadership Conference (Multiple Presentations); LYS / ESC 4 Principals Symposium (Keynote); NAESP National Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Principals Conference; LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on facebook.