If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- February 5th is the deadline to register to vote! Get out there and get it done! (By @RatliffT)
- If your student forgets his pencil, give him a pencil. Don’t make a thing of it. There are better ways to teach responsibility. (By @SteeleThoughts)
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott is doubling down on private school vouchers this election season, endorsing only candidates supporting them—even against tenured Republican incumbents! Why? Texans have repudiated vouchers for 20 years! Failure of leadership. Sad, unnecessary. And unacceptable. (By @pastors4txkids)
- There is no such thing as harmless disinformation; trusting in falsehood can have dire consequences. (By @Pontifex)
- There are only two honest semester grades. The 70 and the 69. The student who gets a 70 is a decent and agreeable kid. The student who gets a 69 is kind of a jerk. “I can’t believe I failed with a 69.” “Really? Because none of your teachers are surprised.” (By @LYSNation)
- “I can’t say I’m a reading teacher and NOT give students TIME to read!” (By @traci_tousant)
- Efforts to suppress your vote and a culture of voting are cheap, desperate, paranoid, and anti-American. Press on courageously. Our children are counting on you. (By @pastors4txkids)
- If someone can’t read, we teach. If someone can’t add, we teach. If someone can’t behave, we NEED to teach… not just punish. (By @justintarte)
- Texans deserve a leader who will stand up for our schools, our local first responders, and Mom and Pop businesses. Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick’s bosses don’t care about any those. (By @smilder)
- If only for a moment it lasts I am still proud to be atop the Lead Your School PowerWalks list. (By @Bmooy_SMS)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principal Workshop (Keynote); ESC 7 Leadership Conference (Featured Presenter); ESC 9 Leadership Conference (Multiple Presentations); LYS / ESC 4 Principals Symposium (Keynote); NAESP National Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Principals Conference; LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on facebook.