If you are not following @LYSNation on Twitter, then you missed the Top 10 LYS tweets from the past week when they were first posted. And if you are on Twitter, you might want to check out the Tweeters who made this week’s list.
- “Goals you refuse to chase don’t disappear—they become ghosts that haunt you” -Jon Acuff (By @DrMetz_MHS)
- If you don’t crash, how do you find your current limit? Push yourself every day. (By @LYSNation)
- When educators come together to vote for what is best for all children in Texas, we will make a difference! Get busy and do your research. (By @OCTYoung)
- There are more educators in Texas than voted in the last election! Teachers can make a difference if we vote! (By @tra_hall)
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced his so-called property tax reform plan. As a taxpayer, my worst fear is confirmed. He will not admit the state, not local schools, is to blame for our property tax crisis. Absent honest leadership, there will be no reform. (By @CollierForTexas)
- I’ve never met a public school parent (even the most frustrated!) who wants a voucher. It’s more like politicians pushing them on people who keep saying No. (By @RachelChumney)
- The time has come for every Texan to honestly examine the focus of both major parties. As a lifelong Republican, I am distressed by its (GOP) war against public schools and local control. As one elected official put it recently “I’m for local control, we just do it better in Austin.” Hmmm. (By @RepJimKeffer)
- Local control is no longer a conservative value as Texas Governor Greg Abbott shows in usurping tax authority from cities and ISD’s. (By @pastors4txkids)
- As the city shuts down and we struggle to survive in the frozen 29-degree temperature in Houston… I recall last year when I observed outdoor elementary school recess in 11-degree Wyoming. By @LYSNation)
- We pray to God for the courage to ask forgiveness and to learn how to listen to what he is saying to us. (By @Pontifex)
Think. Work. Achieve.
- Upcoming Conference Presentations: TASSP Assistant Principal Workshop (Keynote); NAESP National Conference (Multiple Presentations); NASSP National Principals Conference; LYS / ESC 4 Principals Symposium(Keynote); LYS / TASSP Leadership Symposium (Keynote)
- Follow @LYSNation on Twitter and Lead Your School on facebook.